Before you join
Can I visit to look around? Do I need an appointment?
- You are welcome to come and have a look round any of our established clubs; no appointment is necessary. For opening hours, please click on the Clubs section of our website and then choose the club in which you are interested.
- For new clubs, we usually offer founder members and potential members a sneak preview during the week prior to opening. Details will appear on our website.
Where is the gym located?
- Look under Clubs on the home page, and then choose the club in which you are interested. There you will find details of opening hours, the club’s address and a link to Google Maps, showing its location.
What's the catch! - why is the membership so cheap?
- There is no catch... we offer an incredible facility at an incredible price with all the equipment, classes and space you need to feel great! We are able to operate the club at far lower costs than many other gym operators by automating the joining process online and minimising administration with simple customer driven booking, feedback and cancellation processes. We offer a basic service, to which you can add personal training for closer coaching and motivation
If I sign up today can I work out?
- Yes, when you join you will receive immediate confirmation of your membership sent to your e-mail address. As soon you are a member you are welcome to use the gym facilities.
Do you have a swimming pool?
- Only our 'Gym and Swim' clubs have swimming pools. Use the right hand panel on the home page of this website to easily determine if your chosen club is a 'Gym and Swim' equipped establishment. Further details of the facilities at each gym can be found upon the floor plan which can be found within the 'Clubs' tab of this website.
Are there any other on-site services?
- Yes. Some of our clubs offer a tanning salon, nail bar and/or hairdresser - perfect treats after exercising.
Can I use my membership at any Fitness4Less gym?
- No, your membership only allows you access to the gym you joined; you cannot access Fitness4Less gyms in other locations or change your home club to another in the group.
- If you wish to have a membership at another Fitness4Less gym, you must make a separate online application to join that club, pay another joining fee and fund that membership separately.
- Can I visit to look around? Do I need an appointment?
Paying for your membership
Why is there a joining fee?
- Your administration fee covers all joining costs, including your first session with a highly qualified personal trainer; issues you with your biometrics - scanned fingerprint record; and also covers (approximately) your first month's membership.
Why is a 3 month (quarterly) membership more expensive than a monthly Direct Debit?
- The 3 month membership package is designed for members who do not have, or would prefer not to pay via the Direct Debit facility, and is still very competitively priced at only £65.00 - £99 per month (the higher price relates to premium venues). Most other gyms charge more than double this. We now also offer a one-month membership – useful for people working away from home or who would like to try the gym for a short time.
Are there any student/group discounts available?
- No. We believe our prices are extremely competitive and are therefore non-negotiable! The prices listed under the 'Join Now' tab of the website are our set membership types.
Can I pay cash?
- If you do not have a credit or debit card for the initial payment, please visit the club reception and explain your situation. Your initial payment can be taken over the counter. However, all monthly memberships require members to pay via Direct Debit and you will require a bank account that supports a Direct Debit facility.
How do I update or alter my bank details?
- If you are changing banks and wish to continue to pay for your membership by direct debit, you need to contact your new bank and instruct them to switch all your direct debits and standing orders to your new account. From 16th September 2013, most banks guarantee to do this within seven working days. You can find out about the switching service on line on sites such as www.simplerworld.co.uk
- However, if we are unable to collect your monthly subscription payment by direct debit because you have not allowed sufficient time for the switch to be made before your due payment date, your membership will expire automatically and you will have to re-join from scratch, paying another joining fee and setting up a direct debit mandate on your new bank account.
How do I alter the collection date of my direct debit?
- The collection day is fixed on joining and may not be changed for any reason.
What are the different types of memberships available?
- Please visit the following link with regard to our available membership offers: www.fitness4less.co.uk/join-now.html
Do I have to have my finger print scanned... what about my privacy?
- Yes, at Fitness4less your fingerprint is in effect your membership card, always with you, impossible to lose or swap with anyone else. But don't worry, your data is securely stored inside the turnstiles and is not accessible or of use to any other party. Fingerprint scanning is an integral part of our system and therefore mandatory.
Are their any other charges?
- Fitness4Less has a policy of continuing to renew and improve club facilities and services and to offer a wide range of equipment. To support us in doing this, each club charges all members an annual club enhancement fee of £5. Members are informed of when this fee will be due via email, via the newsletter and on the club notices. The fee when due will be taken with the normal monthly direct debit payment.
- Why is there a joining fee?
Planning your time and usage
Can I visit the club at any time or are there restrictive usage times?
- As each gym's opening times for both peak and off peak membership varies slightly, please visit the appropriate gym page via the 'Clubs' tab on the website to view the relevant opening times for your gym.
What if I change my mind and I don't want a membership any more?
- Our annual memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable, so if you are in any doubt about committing to a year's membership then your best option is to opt for the monthly membership paid via direct debit. Monthly memberships can be cancelled without any notice by visiting your bank and stopping the direct debit.
- Please be advised that your membership will be terminated WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT and your access to the gym will be prohibited from the day you cancel your direct debit. To get the most out of your last month at the gym, it is advisable to cancel your direct debit about 7 working days before the date your next subscription is due to be collected. Please do not leave it any later than this, or your bank will not have time to prevent the collection of your next month’s subscription.
- Can I visit the club at any time or are there restrictive usage times?
Once you're a member - getting started
Do I have to have an induction?
- An induction with a highly qualified personal trainer is included within the joining price. Our inductions times are highlighted on notice boards around the gym - please select a time and report to reception on that time and date. However, as you have completed a medical questionnaire whilst joining, an induction is not compulsory. You are more than welcome to use the gym once you have joined.
- Fitness4less provides lockers to store your clothes and valuables. These lockers are for use whilst you are within the club ONLY and storage is not available to you overnight or during the day whilst you are off site.
- Any valuables left behind overnight will be removed and a fine for "left luggage" will be charged in order to retrieve your belongings.
- Our lockers must be secured using your own personal padlock. Combination locks which fit our locking mechanisms are available to purchase in our vending machine located in reception.
- You are welcome to bring a padlock with you from elsewhere but please make sure that it has an 8mm shackle.
- All belongings are left at the member's own risk and Fitness4Less cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
How do I book classes?
- Please select the ‘Member’ tab on the website and then log in. Continue to follow the on-screen instructions. All 'fitness' classes, such as aerobics, aero tone, body tone, circuits, Fitball, spin and step are included within the membership price.
- Specialist classes such as pole dancing, street dance, hip-hop, belly dance, and yoga are charged at an additional fee paid directly to the class instructor. These classes have 'studio rental' written underneath them on the timetable.
How do I book my free personal training session?
- Personal trainers conduct our free gym induction sessions. This provides an opportunity to meet and book your free personal session. Alternatively, please visit the 'Training' tab on the website for more information and contact details. You can email or call your chosen Personal Trainer to arrange a trial session with them direct.
- Do I have to have an induction?
Your online membership account
What does my online membership account offer me?
- Our on-line facility is quick and easy to use. You are able to book an induction, book classes, enquire about our personal trainers, look at your account history, look at your payment history, take part in members’ surveys, change your personal contact details and read the terms and conditions of your membership.
How do I log on to my online account?
- Please select the ‘Member’ tab on the website and correct date of birth (as registered on your original membership application).
Can I put my membership on hold if I am going on holiday or working away from home?
- Fitness4Less does not offer this facility. You must pay for your membership whether or not you use the gym. This is reflected in our moderate fees.
- What does my online membership account offer me?
Leaving the club and cancellation procedure
What notice period do I need to give to leave?
- No notice period is necessary. Once you have contacted your bank and cancelled the direct debit that funds your membership, your membership will be terminated immediately.
How do I cancel my membership?
- To cancel your membership with immediate effect, please contact your bank and cancel your direct debit. Remember to quote your full name, postcode and reason for cancellation.
- Please be advised your membership cancellation will take effect immediately. Therefore, your access will be prohibited on the same day. We do not offer refunds on unused memberships, so to make the most of your last month at the gym, it is advisable to cancel your direct debit about 7 working days before the date when your next subscription is due to be collected. Please do not leave it any later than this, or your bank will not have time to prevent the collection of your next month's subscription.
- Should you decide to join again in the future, you will start from scratch and pay a new joining fee.
How do I make comments or suggestions to the club and how do I raise any queries about my membership?
- Here at Fitness4less we welcome any comments or suggestions about the club and the service we provide. From the Home Page, please select your club and use the email address that relates to your home gym to contact our team or ask at reception.
- What notice period do I need to give to leave?
This section will give you answers to questions you might have. Please make sure you read these thoroughly prior to emailing, as you'll find the most common questions answered here already.
Click on the section links to the left to take you to some Frequently Asked Questions.